T128: The Force Feedback racing wheel to get started in racing simulation
At the 2022 Paris Motor Show, Thrustmaster unveiled its new Force Feedback racing wheel, designed to
Rennes, October 17, 2022 — At the 2022 Paris Motor Show, Thrustmaster unveiled its new Force Feedback racing wheel, designed to provide gamers looking to make the plunge into the world of racing simulation with a turbocharged initiation, and letting them experience thrilling new racing sensations for the very first time.
T128 has inherited the same next-gen HYBRID DRIVE technology as its big brother, T248, employing a combined belt and gears mechanism for Force Feedback performance that’s 20% more powerful than in Thrustmaster’s previous T150 and TMX racing wheels. Boasting incredibly lifelike Force Feedback, a 4-color LED engine speed display strip, plus paddle shifters and pedals featuring high-precision magnetic technology, T128 delivers unrivaled performance and represents a super-competitive investment, for a real edge in terms of getting started in the world of sim-racing.
Specially designed to help users develop their racing skills, T128 is available in two different versions: one officially licensed for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, and another officially licensed for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. Both versions are also compatible with PC, providing users with endless possibilities for refining their abilities even further.
AWAKEN YOUR DRIVER INSTINCT
T128 is a powerhouse of Thrustmaster’s cutting-edge technologies in an affordable and versatile racing wheel that doesn’t sacrifice anything in terms of performance, opening up a truly immersive experience for new drivers.
- Immersive “HYBRID DRIVE” Force Feedback
T128 features a next-gen hybrid motorization system, which made its first appearance in T248, for 20% more power compared with Thrustmaster’s T150 and TMX racing wheels.
Gamers can experience all aspects of race tracks even more intensely, thanks to the sensations transmitted through the wheel: bumps and impacts, speed effects, road surface types, loss of tire grip, and much more. These thrillingly fun sensations are also highly intuitive, helping users optimize their driving lines, better negotiate turns and build up their overall racing skills.
As every bit of extra weight impacts performance, T128’s wheel rim is extremely lightweight — allowing users to really get the most out of the powerful Force Feedback, for maximum velocity in any situation.
- H.E.A.R.T magnetic technology (with Hall effect sensors)
Incorporated into two key elements of gameplay, this technology’s goal is to improve drivers’ precision in all games by eliminating dead zones and doing away with any possible loss of precision over time, thanks to its certified frictionless system.
- T128’s magnetic paddle shifters allow for super-fast gear shifting, with clear and precise activation (30-millisecond response time) for sporty performance and while avoiding driving errors. This contactless magnetic technology also results in an extended lifespan for the paddle shifters, whose sound design has also been reworked for more discreet activation.
- The two-pedal T2PM pedal set also features this same magnetic technology, for crisp acceleration and well-proportioned braking.
- LED engine speed display
The upper central part of the wheel features a 4-color LED engine speed strip, displaying the car engine’s rotations per minute (RPM) in real time, transmitted directly by the game via telemetry. The LEDs flash when it’s time to shift to a higher gear.
These eye-catching LEDs let gamers monitor their engine speed for optimized gear shifting, without taking their eyes off the road — a huge advantage.
- Modern, versatile design
The perfectly-round wheel rim automatically adjusts its angle of rotation between 270° and 900° according to the type of vehicle being used in the game, for driving adapted to all vehicle styles (GT, rally, F1, trucks, etc.). Thanks to the comprehensive interface with 13 action buttons, there’s no need to use a gamepad — even to navigate through game menus.
- Access to the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate service
The T128’s Xbox/PC version includes one month’s free subscription to the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate service. Users can play dozens of popular racing and sim-racing games for free, compatible with T128 on Xbox and PC, to get started with a truly amazing driving experience right away.
- Two versions officially licensed for next-gen consoles, and compatible with PC
Officially recognized as a next-generation racing wheel developed and designed for the latest game consoles, T128 is available in two different versions:
- Officially licensed for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, and compatible with PC
- Officially licensed for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, and compatible with PC
T128 (racing wheel and pedal set) is now available at suggested retail prices of £169.99 / $199.99 / €199.99 in the following regions:
- Europe + United States + Canada + Australia + Asia (excluding China) + Brazil: October 17, 2022
- Rest of the world: from November
- Europe + United States + Canada + Australia: October 27, 2022; preorders: October 17, 2022
- Rest of the world: from November
 Compared with T248’s paddle shifters
 Telemetry displays (RPM) depend on integration by game developers: a regularly-updated compatibility list is available at https://support.thrustmaster.com/